Everyone loves apricots because they are simply delicious. But the majority of people throw away the seeds inside the apricots because they do not know the multitude of benefits they have for our health. The apricot seeds are found in the centre of the fruit and they are considered stone fruits. The seed is placed in the shell of the fruit, and it is the subject of numerous debates, because there are people who consider the, dangerous for the human health. But it is important to note that the apricot seeds are rich in vitamin B17, a vitamin known for having anti-inflammatory properties and that fights cancer.
Nutrition facts about apricot seeds
As stated above the apricot seeds are rich in vitamin B17, but they also contain other types of vitamins, Vitamin E, vitamin B15 and a small amount of fat. It is important to state that the fat from the apricot seeds does not contain cholesterol, so it is good for the body. If there are people who want to maintain a healthy diet, it is advisable to consume a half of cup of apricot seeds daily.
What health benefits do apricot seeds have?
If you have had second thoughts until now if you should consume apricot seeds or not, you should know that they are amazing for the digestive health. They are helpful in balancing the cholesterol levels, improve the process of growth and repair, protect your skin, increase your energy level, prevent cancer, support your immune system and strengthen your heart.
- Apricot seeds contain vitamin E, one of the key vitamins for skin care. Vitamin E reduces the stress in the skin and it prevents blemished, age spots and wrinkles. Vitamin E is one of the natural moisturizers skin care products include, so if you can take it from a natural source you will have numerous benefits.
- Pangamic acid is one of the components found in apricot seeds, and there are numerous studies that show that, it reduces the risk of heart disease. This acid is not found in numerous foods, but its role is crucial for maintaining the cardiovascular system healthy. If you consume apricot seeds on a regular basis, you lower the risk to suffer for atherosclerosis and you also lower your blood pressure.
- The ingredients from organic apricot seeds are used as a booster for the immune system, because they stimulate the defensive cells in your body. Also, they have antioxidant properties, and they help the immune system function properly.
- Apricot seeds also contain dietary fibres, and they are considered a healthy snack for the persons who have digestive health issues. The dietary fibre from the apricot seeds stimulate the peristaltic motion in your gut and it helps in reducing the symptoms of cramping, diarrhoea, bloating or constipation.
- They are recommended to the persons who are dealing with high cholesterol levels, because they can help you lower the risk of strokes, heart attacks and atherosclerosis. The fibres from the seeds have an important role in scraping the excess cholesterol, and this gives your cardiovascular system a boost.